The Planning Board mission is to promote the health, safety, convenience and general welfare of the population of the Town of Tuftonboro, to protect and conserve the rural and recreational value of property, to encourage the most appropriate use of land throughout the Town, and to promote the efficiency and economy in the process of development.
Primary responsibilities of the Planning Board:
- Review of all applications for subdivision of land and site plan review.
- Update and amend the adopted Master Plan.
- Recommend to the local legislative body amendments to the current Zoning Ordinance.
- Maintain and update Subdivision and Site Plan Review Regulations.
- Maintain open communication with the Code Officer, Board of Selectmen and other boards and commissions as is necessary.